- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (18 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup mashed frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, well-drained
- Red liquid food coloring, optional
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar and cream. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low just until combined. Divide batter into thirds. Add melted semisweet chocolate to a third. Spread over crust. Add melted white chocolate to another third. Spread over semisweet layer. Stir strawberries and a few drops of food coloring if desired into remaining portion. Spread over white chocolate layer. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan. Fill larger pan with hot water to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until center is just set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove foil. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool for 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For topping, melt semisweet chocolate, butter and 1 teaspoon shortening in a heavy saucepan or microwave; stir until smooth. Cool 5 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Pour melted chocolate mixture over cheesecake. Melt white chocolate and remaining shortening. Drizzle over cheesecake. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Neapolitan Cheesecake
"I love cheesecake. And this one is really good. I like all three of the flavors together in one cheesecake. Its like neapolitan ice cream (only better) for adults. It is a little tedious to get all the flavors mixed up and the chocolate sauce is a bit much, but all in all, its cheesecake. Its supposed to be rich and decadent! The water bath is a must, keeps it from cracking."
"This is an OK cheesecake. It really does not rise very well the way a cheesecake should. The chocolate topping gets too hard and is difficult to eat with the cheesecake. I made it twice; however, same results with having more of a flat cheesecake. The second time I omitted the chocolate topping and frosted it with fresh whipped cream and white chocolate shavings. It was better the second time, but wished it would not be so flat."
"i brought this to a neighborhood gathering and it was such a big hit everyone wanted the recipe so i printed out the recipe and wrote a little note to my neighbors and put them in each mailbox 25 of them truly one of the best cheesecakes ive ever had or made"
"I love this cheesecake. the white chocolate layer is a nice surprise in this yummy cheesecake."
"I have made this a couple of times and the second time I thought "This is even better than I remembered!" I have a reputation among family & friends of being a good cook & pastry chef (thanks to Taste of Home) and this will not disappoint!I didn't bother with the white chocolate drizzle."
"It's a bit more complicated than the average cheesecake, but it's definitely worth the effort. DELICIOUS! I made one small change: instead of pouring the chocolate over the top, I drizzled both the semisweet chocolate and the white chocolate. It looked pretty and the semisweet chocolate didn't overwhelm the other flavors in the cake."