I received this easy recipe from a friend. It's a pretty cake for birthday parties. I like to add some strawberry extract to the pink portion of the batter. —Marianne Waldman, Brimfield, Illinois
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 8 to 10 drops red food coloring
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Divide batter into three equal portions.
- Pour one portion into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Stir red food coloring into another portion; carefully spoon into pan. Stir chocolate syrup and cocoa into remaining batter; carefully spoon into pan. Do not swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Neapolitan Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p48
Reviews for Neapolitan Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review