Neapolitan Cake Recipe
I received this easy recipe from a friend. It's a pretty cake for birthday parties. I like to add some strawberry extract to the pink portion of the batter. —Marianne Waldman, Brimfield, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 8 to 10 drops red food coloring
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Divide batter into three equal portions.
- 2. Pour one portion into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Stir red food coloring into another portion; carefully spoon into pan. Stir chocolate syrup and cocoa into remaining batter; carefully spoon into pan. Do not swirl.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 193 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC