- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups dried navy beans
- 1 envelope vegetable recipe mix (Knorr)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups water
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Stir in water. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until beans are tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Navy Bean Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
My husband isn't a fan of Navy Bean Soup. I made this and the only thing I did differently was I had a ham hock I used in the pot for flavoring. I thought the soup was absolutely delicious. My husband actually had thirds, not just seconds. He declared it was a keeper and asked me to make it again and soon.
Good soup. My husband loved it. I did add. A packet of ham season which gave it a bit more favor but over all was a great and easy dinner on a cold damp day. Served with creamed corn corn bread.
This was the best Navy Bean soup ever; and so easy to make!!
Super easy and tasted great. Followed the recipes exactly.
Delicious! Was really lazy and used ham and vegetables that were already diced from the store. No need to soak the beans, so threw it all in the Crock Pot in the morning, had perfectly cooked soup for dinner that night.