- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 2 quarts water
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Place beans in a Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 to 4 hours or until beans are softened. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid.
- In same pan, bring the water and soaked beans to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain.
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, onion, carrots, corn, parsley, Italian seasoning and beans. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Navy Bean Stew in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p45
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Navy Bean Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Stew Recipes >