Nat King Cole Slaw Recipe
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, green pepper and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 54 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Nat King Cole Slaw
"I made this the other night and substituted rice wine vinegar since I didn't have any white wine vinegar. I'm not a big coleslaw fan but I had half a head of cabbage left over from having steamed cabbage earlier in the week. Well...this salad went fast. The girlfriend and I both hit it hard. Will definitely make it again."
"Very quick and simple but tasty. I hadn't thought of chili powder in cole slaw..it's a nice addition. I was out of white wine vinegar, so used sherry vinegar..still tasted good..although the appearance wasn't so great. Good way to make use of farmer's market cabbages"
"Easy and so full of flavor!"
"I modified this and used cider vinegar and we thought it was great. However, the description should not read "creamy", this is a vinaigrette type slaw. The chili powder is a great addition!!!"