- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, green pepper and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Nat King Cole Slaw
Sort By :
"Very quick and simple but tasty. I hadn't thought of chili powder in cole slaw..it's a nice addition. I was out of white wine vinegar, so used sherry vinegar..still tasted good..although the appearance wasn't so great. Good way to make use of farmer's market cabbages"
"Easy and so full of flavor!"
"I modified this and used cider vinegar and we thought it was great. However, the description should not read "creamy", this is a vinaigrette type slaw. The chili powder is a great addition!!!"