Napoleon Cremes Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio or lemon pudding mix
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, sugar, cocoa and vanilla; cook and stir until butter is melted. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in crumbs and coconut. Press into a greased 9-in. square pan.
- 2. In a bowl, beat remaining butter until smooth. Add milk, pudding mix and confectioners' sugar; beat until fluffy. Spread over crust. Refrigerate until firm, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool. Spread over pudding layer. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 bar: 116 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Napoleon Cremes
"wonderful recipe, but I use vanilla pudding. .just delicious"