- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio or lemon pudding mix
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter with sugar, cocoa and vanilla; cook and stir until butter is melted. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in crumbs and coconut. Press into a greased 9-in. square pan.
- Beat remaining butter until smooth. Add milk, pudding mix and confectioners' sugar; beat until fluffy. Spread over crust. Refrigerate until firm, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- For topping, microwave chocolate chips and butter until melted; stir until smooth. Cool. Spread over pudding layer. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Napoleon Cremes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p37
Reviews for Napoleon Cremes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2014
"wonderful recipe, but I use vanilla pudding. .just delicious"