Napa Cabbage Slaw Recipe
Chow mein noodles and snow peas give a pleasant crunch to this colorful and fresh-tasting salad. It's sure to be popular at parties and potlucks.
- 4 cups chopped napa or Chinese cabbage
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 140 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC