Nantucket Cranberry Tart Recipe
While everyone is enjoying a bountiful meal, this eye-catching tart can be baking to perfection in the oven. The pretty holiday dessert calls for very few ingredients, and it's a snap to assemble. —Jackie Zack, Riverside, Connecticut
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, 1/2 cup sugar and almonds. Transfer to a greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, butter, extract and remaining sugar. Beat in flour just until moistened (batter will be thick). Spread evenly over berries.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 255 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC