While everyone is enjoying a bountiful meal, this eye-catching tart can be baking to perfection in the oven. The pretty holiday dessert calls for very few ingredients, and it's a snap to assemble. —Jackie Zack, Riverside, Connecticut
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, 1/2 cup sugar and almonds. Transfer to a greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, butter, extract and remaining sugar. Beat in flour just until moistened (batter will be thick). Spread evenly over berries.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Nantucket Cranberry Tart in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p11
Reviews for Nantucket Cranberry Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review