- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, 1/2 cup sugar and almonds. Transfer to a greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, butter, extract and remaining sugar. Beat in flour just until moistened (batter will be thick). Spread evenly over berries.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Nantucket Cranberry Tart
Sort By :
"I made this recipe to bring for dessert for Christmas dinner at my friends. It was a big hit! The best thing is how simple it is to make. I didn't have a tart pan so I just used a 9" pie plate, greased well. It was delicious!"
"Very forgiving, even when you're distracted while making the recipe and add the butter to the fruit. I don't own a take-apart pan and it's not necessary to make this, either. A glass pie pan will do. The almond flavour is great, but if you're out of it, I'm sure that orange or lemon peel or essence would complement the cranberries nicely. It is also a good base recipe to use with other berries in season, such as blueberries."
"This tart won everyone's compliments at our Thanksgiving celebration! Thank you for sharing a wonderful recipe!"
"I did modify the recipe a bit to meet our personal tastes. I substituted orange extract for the almond and chopped pecans for the almonds. The end result was delicious. Can't ask for much more - a wonderful dessert that is almost effortless."