- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts. Place marshmallows in a large bowl; add chocolate mixture and stir well. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Cut into 1-1/2-in. squares. Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Nana's Rocky Road Fudge
Sort By :
Ashley Berry, thank you for sharing this recipe! I prepared your fudge recipe 12/14/13 and I did make an adjustment: I used a 14-oz. package of chocolate Make and Mold candy wafers instead of chocolate chips! I used the 1 can condensed milk, (14-oz.), the 2 cups of peanuts-I used Planter's Dry-Roasted salted peanuts and the mini marshmallows. I had used a similar recipe before, but have decided to try this one as the other one wouldn't qualify for ME to use for a TOH recipe! Yours is great-I have it in the refrigerator to firm up! I also used a "Hefty" foil 13x9x2" baking pan,1 tsp. butter & the balance of 2 Tbsp. of butter I'd used in the fudge instead of 1 Tbsp. butter! I plan to take this fudge next week to a couple of holiday parties at the local hospital where I volunteer! One of the depts. I work in really likes this particular treat! I plan to put your recipe to use time and again! It's so simple to prepare, too! I'd melted the chocolate/milk, butter and peanuts, then I turned the marshmallows into my large Kitchen Aid mixing bowl and added the chocolate mixture! It worked out very well! delowenstein
I would like for someone to tell me how to make this you cannot take the hot ingredients off the stove & put in with the marshmellows & them not melt?????????
I don't know what I did wrong but would like to I follow the recipe to a T & it was a terriable MESS the marshmellows melted oh it was horriable????????????????????
This was surprisingly good and very easy. Perfect for a cookie-exchange or to add to your Christmas cookie plate. Highly recommended-I will definitely make these again!
This was delicious, this definitely feels like a Christmas dessert. Thanks for sharing the recipe!