- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts. Place marshmallows in a large bowl; add chocolate mixture and stir well. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Cut into 1-1/2-in. squares. Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Nana's Rocky Road Fudge
Sort By :
"Great recipe but why have none of you master candy chefs answered wolywig's question from 18 months ago? I was wondering the same thing, "How do you keep the marshmallows from melting"? Freezing the marshmallows helps but not the whole secret as my first attempt has been pathetic too."
"Ashley Berry, thank you for sharing this recipe! I prepared your fudge recipe 12/14/13 and I did make an adjustment: I used a 14-oz. package of chocolate Make and Mold candy wafers instead of chocolate chips! I used the 1 can condensed milk, (14-oz.), the 2 cups of peanuts-I used Planter's Dry-Roasted salted peanuts and the mini marshmallows. I had used a similar recipe before, but have decided to try this one as the other one wouldn't qualify for ME to use for a TOH recipe! Yours is great-I have it in the refrigerator to firm up! I also used a "Hefty" foil 13x9x2" baking pan,1 tsp. butter & the balance of 2 Tbsp. of butter I'd used in the fudge instead of 1 Tbsp. butter! I plan to take this fudge next week to a couple of holiday parties at the local hospital where I volunteer! One of the depts. I work in really likes this particular treat! I plan to put your recipe to use time and again! It's so simple to prepare, too! I'd melted the chocolate/milk, butter and peanuts, then I turned the marshmallows into my large Kitchen Aid mixing bowl and added the chocolate mixture! It worked out very well! delowenstein"
"I would like for someone to tell me how to make this you cannot take the hot ingredients off the stove & put in with the marshmellows & them not melt?????????"
"I don't know what I did wrong but would like to I follow the recipe to a T & it was a terriable MESS the marshmellows melted oh it was horriable????????????????????"
"This was surprisingly good and very easy. Perfect for a cookie-exchange or to add to your Christmas cookie plate. Highly recommended-I will definitely make these again!"