Nana's Chilies Rellenos Recipe
This zesty dish is not for the faint of heart. My family has been enjoying it for three generations...and will be doing so for years to come!
- 1 can (27 ounces) whole green chilies, drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Slice chilies in half and remove seeds. Arrange half of the chilies in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese. Cover with remaining chilies. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and flour until smooth; pour over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce and taco seasoning; pour over casserole. Carefully place cheese cubes on top in a checkerboard pattern; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until top is set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Nana's Chilies Rellenos in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p196
Reviews for Nana's Chilies Rellenos(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review