Nacho Snack Mix
This colorful mixture of bite-sized snack foods, cereal and crackers gets its south-of-the-border accent from taco seasoning. “The recipe makes a big batch, but it always goes fast,” notes Liz Loder of Fox Point, Wisconsin.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours + cooling
- 4 cups Crispix
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) crisp cheese ball snacks
- 3 cups corn chips
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Spread in two
- ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Combine the taco
- seasoning, oil and butter; pour over cereal mixture and toss to
- Bake at 200° for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Cool. Store
- in airtight containers. Yield: 4 quarts.
Editor's Note: This recipe was prepared with Planters' Cheeze Balls.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.