- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 1 package (12 ounces) tortilla chip scoops
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream and pickled jalapeno slices
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and red pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and chopped green chilies. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the pepper jack, process cheese and cream cheese until melted.
- Place 4 dozen scoops on an ungreased baking sheet. Add a rounded teaspoon of beef mixture to each. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake at 375° for about 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish each with sour cream and a jalapeno pepper slice. Repeat with remaining tortilla chip scoops. Yield: 12 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Nacho Scoops
"This has become a family favorite for dinner. I add 3/4 cup of water instead of the can of tomatoes because some of us don't like tomatoes. I also apply the sour cream by putting it in a sandwich bag and cutting off the corner tip."
"If I could give this recipe 10 stars, I would! It is one of the BEST appetizers I've ever made. We are having friends over for the Superbowl tonight and I've already had to send my husband out for more groceries to make a second batch because after I did a trial of 12 nachos to see if I needed to make any adjustments earlier today, both my husband and son begged me to cook more and that's what they ate for lunch! I will definitely be making these again and again and again! No modifications needed...these are perfect as written!"
"My kids love this recipe. It is quick and easy and we almost always have the ingredients on hand. We usually add refried beans to the beef mix. It extends the recipe and we love the taste"
"It is all that fast and serves a lot"
"It is easy and the BEST"