Serve your clan a big ol’ platter of these fun and crazy-tasty nacho bites as you cheer for your team. You’ll score big with tortilla chips filled with creamy, spicy cheese and beef! —Raine Gottess, Coconut Creek, Florida
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 1 package (12 ounces) tortilla chip scoops
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream and pickled jalapeno slices
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and red pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and chopped green chilies. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the pepper jack, process cheese and cream cheese until melted.
- Place 4 dozen scoops on an ungreased baking sheet. Add a rounded teaspoon of beef mixture to each. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake at 375° for about 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish each with sour cream and a jalapeno pepper slice. Repeat with remaining tortilla chip scoops. Yield: 12 dozen.
Originally published as Nacho Scoops in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p40
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Nacho Scoops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review