Nacho Salsa Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips or cubed French bread
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain well.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker; stir in the cheese, salsa and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Stir; serve warm with tortilla chips or cubed bread. Yield: 7 cups.
1/4 cup: 143 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 484mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Nacho Salsa Dip
"Velveeta is like a big bar of bar of cheese flavored soap, actually it is oil. Not much to brag about this other than it is cheap to make."
"This is so good! Everybody loves it. I will definitely make this again."
"My family loved it!"
"I add some cream cheese to this recipe to make it even more delightful."
"I melted the cheese in the microwave, added a pinch of salt and pepper to the beef and used onion powder instead of fresh onions. Cuts down the time to about 15 minutes and its still delicious. :)"
"This original recipe is delicious. I have also made it using Spicy Mexican Velveeta instead of regular velveet. It is wonderful both ways."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.