Nacho Rice Dip Recipe
Spanish rice mix adds an interesting twist to this effortless appetizer from Audra Hungate of Holt, Missouri. "Every time I serve this dip at get-togethers, my guests gobble it up," she writes.
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook rice mix in butter until golden brown. Stir in water and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink. Drain and add to the rice. Stir in the cheese, stewed tomatoes and cheese sauce; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- 3. Transfer to a slow cooker set on low. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 8 cups.
2 tablespoon: 60 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Nacho Rice Dip
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC