Nacho Rice Dip
Spanish rice mix adds an interesting twist to this effortless appetizer from Audra Hungate of Holt, Missouri. "Every time I serve this dip at get-togethers, my guests gobble it up," she writes.
64 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook rice mix in butter until golden brown. Stir
- in water and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink. Drain
- and add to the rice. Stir in the cheese, stewed tomatoes and cheese
- sauce; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Keep warm. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 8 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 60 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.