- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 pound (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook rice mix in butter until golden brown. Stir in water and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink. Drain and add to the rice. Stir in the cheese, stewed tomatoes and cheese sauce; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Keep warm. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 8 cups.
Originally published as Nacho Rice Dip in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p14
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Nacho Rice Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review