Nacho Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine the contents of potato package, corn, tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the milk, cheese and hot pepper sauce if desired; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 234 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Nacho Potato Soup
"I really like this, my family says it's alright. I top it with sour cream so it isn't too spicy for the kids."
"I made this years ago, it's super easy (always a winner in my book) and I'm still making it, tastes great and people are always really surprised by the fact it starts with boxed potatoes. Great quick soup! Loaf of Italian bread and salad and you are good to go."
"This is one of our favorites!"
"YUMMY - this was so easy and so good. Made this for a party at work and will be making again tomorrow for home. Love it."
"This is an easy and quick soup that I will definitely make again. I used a can of diced tomatoes and a can of diced green chiles because that is what I had on hand. Also added a little cumin and chili powder for extra flavor. Thank you, Sherry, for the great recipe!"
"This has been a family favorite since it was first published over a decade ago. I always have the ingredients on hand and it goes from kettle to table in under 30 minutes. I'd give it ten stars if I could!"
"We love this soup and it is easy to make. We usually add ham or sausage. This is excellent in a slow cooker."
"One of the easiest, tastiest recipes ever."
"We love this recipe. I add 1 lb. sliced fully cooked smoked sausage to this soup. It is a very food addition."
"This is an all-time favorite at my house. I double the recipe and take it in the crock pot to luncheons at work and also to our senior adult get-togethers at church. Everyone loves it and asks for the recipe. Instead of Velveeta, I use the cholesterol-free sandwich slice cheese (12 slices) that I find at our local grocery for $1 or less."
"This soup had pretty good flavor. My kids thought it was wonderful."
"Very easy to make! It's a little cheesy, though--I'd recommend a little less Velveeta and more hot pepper sauce (I like Frank's Red Hot). Very easy to make, though!"
"My husband is in love with this dish. I have to pretend I forget in order not to have to make it every week ;)"
"Delicious! It's quite spicy but very yummy. I'm planning to make it again and add taco meat. Also, I made it with 2% cheese and skim milk, and it was still rich and creamy. A wonderful meal itself or addition to a Mexican dish!"