Nacho Potato Soup Recipe
"This soup is super easy to make! Since it starts with a box of au gratin potatoes, you don't have to peel or slice them," shares Sherry Dickerson of Sebastopol, Mississippi. "A co-worker recommended the recipe to me. Now my husband requests it often."
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine the contents of potato package, corn, tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the milk, cheese and hot pepper sauce if desired; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 234 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 980 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC