"This soup is super easy to make! Since it starts with a box of au gratin potatoes, you don't have to peel or slice them," shares Sherry Dickerson of Sebastopol, Mississippi. "A co-worker recommended the recipe to me. Now my husband requests it often."
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine the contents of potato package, corn, tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the milk, cheese and hot pepper sauce if desired; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Nacho Potato Soup in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p12
Reviews for Nacho Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review