“I love Mexican food, and I love pizza.” Laura’s combined the best of both in this hearty pizza recipe. “People seem to just love it…especially my brothers and other guys!” Laura Stonesifer - Luck, WI
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Prepare pizza dough according to package directions. Coat a 12-in. pizza pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. With floured hands, press dough onto pan. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Combine salsa and sour cream; spread over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Top with beef mixture, tomatoes, olives and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crushed chips; bake 5-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Nacho Pizza in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p33
Reviews for Nacho Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review