In place of the ground beef and mozzarella cheese, consider topping this zesty pie with lean ground sausage and cheddar cheese. It tastes just as good.—LaVerna Mjones, Moorhead, Minnesota
- 4 cups nacho tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained, warmed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place chips in a lightly greased 9-in. pie plate and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon over chips. Top with beans, tomato sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Nacho Pie in Country Woman January/February 1999, p37
Reviews for Nacho Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review