- 4 cups nacho tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained, warmed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place chips in a lightly greased 9-in. pie plate and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon over chips. Top with beans, tomato sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Nacho Pie
"Great for a quick meal. The hubby loved it. I added 2 Tablespoons of taco seasoning and 1 can of black beans (drained, rinsed) and I mixed everything together instead of layering. I also made them in indvidule casserole dishes. This is a keeper!!"
"Quick, easy, delicious. Husband asked to add to our reciepe box, great with a little chili powder."
"I used cheddar cheese and this was very good. Puting chips around the edge as in the picture was a good idea to make it more snackable. Julie, San Diego"