"I spend a lot of time in the garden and yard, so I like dishes that can be fixed in a hurry," says Doris Gill of Sargent, Nebraska. "This is very quick to put together and makes a tasty meal along with a lettuce salad."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups crushed nacho tortilla chips, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a
- greased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto
- the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations.
- Sprinkle 1 cup chips over crust. Top with meat mixture. Carefully
- spread sour cream over meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and
- remaining chips. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese
- is melted and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.