A cheesecake is not always a sweet dessert, as this savory version with zesty crust proves!—Melinda Messer, Benson, North Carolina
- 1-3/4 cups crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Whole kernel corn, cubed avocado, chopped tomato and sliced ripe olives
- Salsa, optional
- Assorted crackers or additional nacho tortilla chips, optional
- Combine crushed tortilla chips and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, taco seasoning and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the chicken, cheese blend and onions. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set. Gently spread sour cream over the top; bake 10 minutes longer or until set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Garnish with corn, avocado, tomato and olives. Serve with salsa and crackers if desired. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Nacho Party Cheesecake in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Nacho Party Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review