- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour, turning once; drain. Combine soups and water; pour over meatballs. Sprinkle with onions. Bake 30 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 30 meatballs.
Originally published as Nacho Meatballs in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p36
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Nacho Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2008