Nacho Mac 'n' Cheese Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1. Cook gemelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and red peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the butter, flour, taco seasoning and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and corn until cheese is melted.
- 3. Drain gemelli; add to beef mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle with tortilla chips. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Nacho Mac 'n' Cheese
"Tastes great and easy to make"
"SO quick and SO delicious!"
"My family loved this. I'll make this again and next time I'll add 1/2 cup of black beans along with the corn. I used whole wheat pasta and skim milk. It was great. Served with a green salad, the casserole tasted like soft tacos. Delicious!"
"made AS is - YUMMY kids loved it"
"This was pretty good. Next time I make this, I will use a can of rinsed black beans instead of the corn. I didn't care for the sweetness the corn added. BTW, this does not taste like mac n cheese; which is probably why I liked it. I also did not use the red peppers. The children all liked this as well."