Nacho Mac 'n' Cheese Recipe
Creamy and comforting, this family-friendly meal from our Test Kitchen is a great way to ease into the week. And since most of the ingredients are mixed in one dish, cleanup is a breeze! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1. Cook gemelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and red peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the butter, flour, taco seasoning and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and corn until cheese is melted.
- 3. Drain gemelli; add to beef mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle with tortilla chips. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC