Nacho Chicken Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 pound process America cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) nacho cheese tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Crush chips; set aside 1 cup for topping. Add remaining chips to chicken mixture. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with reserved chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 496 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1299mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Nacho Chicken
"I made this for dinner the other night with a few changes added cheddar instead of velveeta ()I don't care for velveeta) also I added a can of diced chili peppers and some chopped green onions. My picky eaters asked for this again. Loved it"
"Great easy recipe. I used Cool Ranch Doritos instead of plain old corn chips. I also put them in a flour tortilla with homemade guacamole and sriracha sauce. The only thing I would do is to season the egg mixture as well with salt and pepper to make sure all of the layers are seasoned."
"I made this recipe with the following changes: I added one can of corn and 1/2 envelope of dry taco seasoning. Took it to a woman's luncheon and everyone liked and several asked for the recipe. The one thing I didn't like was when I reheated the small amount of leftovers, the texture wasn't the same. The tortilla chips softened too much. Otherwise, I thought it had great flavor and was quick and easy to put together."
"It seemed like it needed something else, it was chicken and sauce. The flavor was good, might have been good rolled up in a tortilla or with noodles or rice added to it to make it more like a casserole."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.