"I have been serving this rich and zippy chicken casserole for several years, and it's a favorite of my family and friends," writes Thom Britton of Three Rivers, Michigan. It's sure to disappear quickly at potluck suppers, too.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 pound process America cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) nacho cheese tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Crush chips; set aside 1 cup for topping. Add remaining chips to chicken mixture. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with reserved chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Nacho Chicken in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p15
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Nacho Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review