Nacho Chicken Pitas Recipe
Crunched nacho tortilla chips left over from the taco salad made earlier in the week coat these tender chicken strips. This is a great sandwich recipe for families.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Place crushed chips in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with chips. Place in a single layer in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 2. Spread mayonnaise inside pita halves; line with lettuce. Fill with chicken and tomato; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC