- 1 egg
- 1 cup crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Place crushed chips in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with chips. Place in a single layer in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Spread mayonnaise inside pita halves; line with lettuce. Fill with chicken and tomato; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Nacho Chicken Pitas
Sort By :
I just made these for dinner and they were delicious. Very quick and simple to prepare and I served them with deli potato salad.
This has become my husband's new favorite meal! So good and so easy. A tip to make this quicker with less cleanup is to crush the chips in a large zip bag. Once you have all of the chicken pieces coated with egg, toss them all in the bag, seal and then shake to coat the chicken in the chips. I also add a little bit of ranch dressing to the egg mixture and we drizzle the finished product with ranch. YUMMY!
This has become the recipe I'm famous for with my friend's kids. :) So easy and yummy, especially with little picky eaters.