Nacho Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses; stir half into the chicken mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving: 1 cup (prepared with baked tortilla chips, reduced-fat soup, fat-free milk, reduced-fat cheddar cheese and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 396 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Nacho Chicken Casserole
"Pretty good make ahead and refrigerate recipe. To bake extend cook time by 10 minutes. I wasn't sure if this casserole would stand alone so I placed a cup of cooked brown rice under the chicken mixture and I'm glad I did."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.