"My fiance never tires of this cheesy Southwestern dish," notes Caroline Nielsen from Wausau, Wisconsin.
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses; stir half into the chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Nacho Chicken Casserole in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p43
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Nacho Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review