Nacho Chicken Bake
You can add zip to this cheesy chicken casserole by using picante sauce that suits your taste. It's great with hot sauce but also good when toned down to mild.—Martha Williams, Loving, New Mexico
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 8 cups nacho tortilla chips
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Shredded lettuce and chopped fresh tomatoes
- Arrange chips in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large
- bowl, combine the soup, chicken, picante sauce, cheese, onion and
- chilies; pour over chips. Sprinkle with additional cheese if
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Serve
- with lettuce and tomatoes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 335 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 835 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white