You can add zip to this cheesy chicken casserole by using picante sauce that suits your taste. It's great with hot sauce but also good when toned down to mild.—Martha Williams, Loving, New Mexico
- 8 cups nacho tortilla chips
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Shredded lettuce and chopped fresh tomatoes
- Arrange chips in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soup, chicken, picante sauce, cheese, onion and chilies; pour over chips. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with lettuce and tomatoes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Nacho Chicken Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p307
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Nacho Chicken Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review