Simmer up a low-fat, delicious meal with just a few basic ingredients. Your family is sure to love this colorful medley with tender chicken and a zippy cheese sauce. Linda Foreman of Locust Grove, Oklahoma shares the recipe.
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 each small green, sweet red and orange peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 4-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, peppers, soup, salsa and chili powder. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Jack Chicken in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p53
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Nacho Chicken & Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review