Nacho Cheese Twists Recipe
I like to serve these cheesy twists as an appetizer. But they would also pair well with a bowl of chili. Frozen puff pastry makes them easy to prepare.Tammy Miller, Largo, Florida
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ripe olives
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, salsa and olives. Unfold one pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface; spread half of cheese mixture over half of pastry. Fold plain half over filling; press gently to seal.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and cheese mixture. Cut each rectangle into twelve 3/4-in.-wide strips. Twist strips several times; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Combine egg and water; brush over twists. Lightly sprinkle with chili powder. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Nacho Cheese Twists in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p102
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Nacho Cheese Twists(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Puff Pastry Appetizer >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >