Nacho Cheese Dip
"With jobs, school and sport activities, evening is our time for family fun," says Dawn Taylor of Milton, Kentucky. "We munch on this zippy dip while visiting or watching a movie."
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 pound bulk spicy pork or Mexican-style Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 pound process American cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Tortilla chips or raw vegetables
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe container, cook sausage, green pepper
- and onion on high for 1-2 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked;
- drain. Add the cheese and salsa. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2
- minutes, stirring frequently until cheese is melted and mixture is
- smooth. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 75 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.