"With jobs, school and sport activities, evening is our time for family fun," says Dawn Taylor of Milton, Kentucky. "We munch on this zippy dip while visiting or watching a movie."
- 1/4 pound bulk spicy pork or Mexican-style sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 pound process American cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Tortilla chips or raw vegetables
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe container, cook sausage, green pepper and onion on high for 1-2 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked; drain. Add the cheese and salsa. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Nacho Cheese Dip in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p64
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Nacho Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2009
"I have been making a recipe like this for yoears but add a cup of milk or so to keep the cheese smooth when it starts to cool to keep it from turning into hard lumps."