Nacho Cheese Dip Recipe
"With jobs, school and sport activities, evening is our time for family fun," says Dawn Taylor of Milton, Kentucky. "We munch on this zippy dip while visiting or watching a movie."
- 1/4 pound bulk spicy pork or Mexican-style Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 pound process American cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Tortilla chips or raw vegetables
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe container, cook sausage, green pepper and onion on high for 1-2 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked; drain. Add the cheese and salsa. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Nacho Cheese Dip in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p64
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Nacho Cheese Dip(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2009
I have been making a recipe like this for yoears but add a cup of milk or so to keep the cheese smooth when it starts to cool to keep it from turning into hard lumps.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Dip >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Cheese Dip >
- Mexican Dip >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Nacho Cheese Dip >
- Nacho Dip >