- 1/4 pound bulk spicy pork or Mexican-style sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 pound process American cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Tortilla chips or raw vegetables
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe container, cook sausage, green pepper and onion on high for 1-2 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked; drain. Add the cheese and salsa. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Nacho Cheese Dip
Sort By :
I have been making a recipe like this for yoears but add a cup of milk or so to keep the cheese smooth when it starts to cool to keep it from turning into hard lumps.