Nacho Cheese Beef Bake Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream and/or salsa, optional
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, soup, olives and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in noodles.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with tortilla chips; drizzle with salad dressing. Serve with lettuce, sour cream and/or salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups (calculated without optional toppings): 827 calories, 55g fat (24g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 2131mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 42g protein.
Reviews for Nacho Cheese Beef Bake
"This was a delicious one-dish dinner. I used Spicy Nacho Doritos instead of plain tortilla chips for extra flavor. I added the ranch dressing and Doritos to the individual plates because I knew that the leftovers would re-heat better without the topping."
"I have made this many times and we all love it!! I don't put in the olives as we don't care for them but otherwise it is a keeper!"
"My family loved this one and it was super easy. Might try without the olives next time, but still really good!!!"
"This was delicious. The chips are a real plus. I like recipes that have flavor and this one does. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out great."
"Yum-o! What an interesting addition with the green olives! I added chopped onions and garlic powder when cooking the meat to give it some additional flavor. Also, I suggest using Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup and Ro-Tel diced tomatoes to add zest, or else it may be too bland for those who like a kick.-Lesleigh Baden"
"My family really enjoyed this recipe. It's a keeper!"
"My whole family loved this recipe! I used Campbells' Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup, which has a little more flavor. Very satisfying!"
"Very good!! I used Original Rotel and it was spicy! Next time I plan to try mild. I might cut back on the olives (and I love them!) and also add a few cubes of Velveeta. The sour cream and tortilla chips on top are a must. Thanks for the great recipe!"
"So delicious and a great way to stretch a dollar using only 1# of ground beef. I did substitute a few things, but I am sure the original recipe would be great. Subs were: used 1 can of Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup, Ro-Tel Original diced tomatoes & green chilis (10 oz. can). I sliced the olives and saw no reason to use the Ranch salad dressing. My husband used salsa, but I did not. Baked it in a 2 qt. casserole. I can well imagine the leftovers will be even better. Thanks Kendra. I'd say you are much better than "a pretty good cook". ;)"
"I followed the recipe as written. Everyone loved it!"
"This was delicious. I used 3 cups of uncooked egg noodles and fire roasted diced tomatoes and skipped the olives. Everyone loved it and am making it again real soon!"
"This was a good recipe. I did substitute Rotel tomatoes for the tomatoes and seperate green chilis because I was out of a can of green chilis. I wonder how it would be made with tuna for a zesty tuna noodle cassarole? May have to try it out one of these days. Thanks for sharing!"
"Delicious! For anyone who's concerned with the fat or sodium, there are low fat, low sodium, higher fiber options for just about every ingredient listed, so you can easily adapt it to your particular dietary needs."
"I will never understand why people leave comments who did not try the recipe.If you do not like the ingredients or the numbers no comment is needed.Just move on to the light section.I myself will accept food advice from my nutritionist, not someone commenting on Taste of Home website."
"Far, far too much sodium for anyone!Combine the high sodium with the high fat and it's a recipe for disaster."
"I loved this dish. It was easy, delicious and is even good as left-overs."
"I would most deffenitly make this again.I thought it would be nasty beccause its basically nacho cheese but it was quite delicious but i changed a coulpe of things like i used spicy rotel instead and i didnt use olives yucck."