- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 medium fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Barbecue sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf; place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with barbecue sauce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for My Take on Mom's Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"My husband and I loved it and it also makes great leftovers!"
"did not add mushrooms(hubby doesn't like)pretty good .I used ground chicken & Ithink it made it a little tough"
"Husband and I thought it tasted funny. I don't think the sage or the mushrooms work very well in this recipe. Also, steak sauce and Worcestershire both?? Won't make again."
"This was good but a couple family members thought it had too much seasoning. I doubled the recipe and froze one."
"Very nice meatloaf. Did not have the mushrooms, but it was great. Served it w/ TOH Veggie Tossed Salad and yukon gold potatoes. Low carb was the reason I tried the meatloaf."