- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, combine macaroni, tomatoes, onion salt, pepper and 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 15 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for My Mother's Mac and Cheese
Sort By :
"Bland. Needs flavor!"
"Terrible. Tasteless. Macaroni bakes to inedible bits on top. Won't ever make again"
"This was the best! My other Mac & Cheese recipes are gone. I did change it by shredding longhorn Colby cheese instead but I am sure it would be just as good with cheddar cheese. I wanted to use some of the other reviewers suggestions because I remember my Mom making something like this with hamburger. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Not my favorite mac and cheese recipe, but my husband really likes it, as does my toddler. Plus it's a very easy recipe to throw together. I've made it twice now, and it's been well liked both times."
"I have made this 4-5 times. Sometimes I change up the cheese and use cheddar-jack and tomatoes with jalapenos. It does not get hot but gives it a little kick. Love it!"