- In a large bowl, beat 2 eggs, ketchup, seasoned salt, Worcestershire
- sauce, mustard and pepper. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle with onion and bread crumbs; mix gently. Shape into two
- loaves, about 9 in. x 3 in.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet into an
- 18-in. x 16-in. rectangle. Invert meat loaves and place in center of
- each pastry; fold short sides of pastry over loaf. Fold long sides
- over loaf and pastry; seal seams.
- Place, seam side down, on a rack in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking
- pan. Beat remaining egg; brush over pastry. Bake at 350° for
- 60-70 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in
- flour until smooth. Stir in the consomme, tomato paste, thyme,
- rosemary, browning sauce if desired and cloves. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in wine or
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Serve the
- mushrooms and sauce with meat loaf slices. Yield: 2 meat loaves (5-6
- servings each) and about 2-1/2 cups sauce.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 481 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 1,014 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.