My Husband's Favorite Omelet Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 thin slices process American cheese
- 1. Beat eggs with milk just until combined. Stir in vegetables, bacon, salt and pepper. In a medium skillet, heat butter until it sizzles; turn pan to coat bottom and sides. Add egg mixture; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, transfer to a warm platter and top with cheese. Yield: 1-2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 397 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 378 mg cholesterol, 1,447 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.