My Husband's Favorite Omelet
My husband asks me to serve this super-easy omelet at least once a week. As you can imagine, during our more than 40 years of marriage, I've made this dish too many times to count!
1-2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 thin slices process American cheese
- Beat eggs with milk just until combined. Stir in vegetables, bacon,
- salt and pepper. In a medium skillet, heat butter until it sizzles;
- turn pan to coat bottom and sides. Add egg mixture; cook over medium
- heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow
- underneath. When eggs are set, transfer to a warm platter and top
- with cheese. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 397 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 378 mg cholesterol, 1,447 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.