My Husband's Favorite Omelet Recipe
My husband asks me to serve this super-easy omelet at least once a week. As you can imagine, during our more than 40 years of marriage, I've made this dish too many times to count!
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 thin slices process American cheese
- Beat eggs with milk just until combined. Stir in vegetables, bacon, salt and pepper. In a medium skillet, heat butter until it sizzles; turn pan to coat bottom and sides. Add egg mixture; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, transfer to a warm platter and top with cheese. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Originally published as My Husband's Favorite Omelet in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p27
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for My Husband's Favorite Omelet(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review