“I first made this granola when I was just 17 years old, but I have never since found a granola I like as much. I may add fresh fruit to it, but it’s delicious just as it is.” Sarah Wilson - Republic, WA
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the water, oil, brown sugar and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as My Favorite Granola in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p60
Reviews for My Favorite Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review