- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the water, oil, brown sugar and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for My Favorite Granola
Sort By :
"I *love* this recipe. I skip the sunflower seeds, and use ground flax seed instead of wheat germ. I cut the oil to 2 T. and the brown sugar to 2 T. also. After it bakes I add in 1/2 c. dried cranberries. It is delicious."
"I make this frequently and love, love, love it. I have tried variations on the ingredients and it always turns out delicious. I sub sliced almonds for the nuts (i have braces) and add wheat bran instead of germ, and it is great. You can cook it for a little less time if you want a softer granola. You can also add 2 tsps of cinnamon for a good flavor. Raisins are good too, but I would add them after the granola is out of the oven or they are too hard & dry."
"Very easy, great recipe. Not too sweet and very crunchy. I can't believe granola can be so easy. I can't wait to try adding things to mix it up a bit."
"This is a great recipe. Next time I will probably make it a bit sweeter by adding more honey or brown sugar, but that's just my taste."